Supply + Sustainability
We strive for continual improvement and better solutions for people and planet - aiming for net positive impacts with regard to water, energy, waste and biomass. We support the growth of sustainable primary industries with greater inclusion and Indigenous engagement throughout the supply chain. We share new knowledge of species’ profiles, connecting brands with growers - just one of our motivations for socially and environmentally responsible impacts. Our Hydrophilic Cellular Extract range is created using rain-harvested water (purified & deionised), saving the public supply approximately 1000L/day. Our highly efficient extraction process also has resulted in significant reductions in biomass, creating greater windows for responsible scaling, commercialising crops and reducing the risk of over-harvesting a species.
Inspired by Biomimicry
Sustainability is integral to Cellular Extraction™ as it preserves and promotes the very thing our business and plant species rely on, the health of our ecosystem. Inspired by the science of biomimicry, a new approach to innovation that emulates and adapts nature’s patterns and processes for human solutions, we respect the cyclical nature of resources, aiming to reduce waste and streamline our processes.
· Our innovation in Cellular Extraction™ uses significantly less plant matter/biomass to create superior plant extracts, Preventing Over-Harvesting
· Throughout our manufacturing we use filtered, deionized and purified Rain-Harvested Water, reducing the use of public supply by up to approx. 1,000L/day
· Our factory recycles and composts and operates at a Household Standard Waste Collection. Extract by-products are clean, biodegradable, and composted or sorted for collection
· Sourcing carefully wild-harvested or commercially grown botanicals, in addition to upcycling surplus produce to reduce growers’ waste streams and extend crop values – reducing plant material means less risk of over harvesting
· Energy and Biomass-Efficient extraction methods have an accelerated processing time, using extreme pressure and static cycles to reduce the energy needed for extraction
· Flexible Concentration Options are affordable and minimize packaging and freight-related CO2 emissions from reduced weight
· Scalable Manufacturing - with a rapid process required to maintain the integrity of the natural molecules, we are able to create a continuous cycle of stock that does not require the large volumes of past processes like maceration and percolation. Our process is flexible and responsive, allowing us to scale up rapidly in short timeframes and reduce wastage.