Look out Kakadu Plum, Davidson Plum is on your heels.
The plum that punches above its weight
The Davidson Plum is a juicy, dark purple fruit with deep red flesh that grows in Northern NSW and QLD.
It's known to be one of Australia’s most nutritionally powerful native fruits and is bursting with natural AHA and antioxidants.
You can eat it, put it on your skin and even in your hair.
It punches above its weight with Zinc and Vitamin E - essential in a diet for glowing, young looking skin – and it’s also a very potent skin care ingredient.
New natural solutions – opening the cell
Davidson Plum is packed with natural compounds that work in synergy offering exciting new solutions for skin care including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Reducing UV damage
- Brightening and pigmentation
- Collagen support and,
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant applications
(Native Extracts Managing Director Lisa Carroll getting hands on at harvest with her Davidson Plum supplier)
5 reasons to use Davidson Plum
Davidson Plum is brimming with natural Phyto-compounds, including:
- Tartaric Acid: This natural fruit acid stimulates cell turnover, works as a natural exfoliator and can improve barrier function helping skin repair and making it look healthy and vibrant.
- Quercetin: This flavonoid is known for reducing inflammation.
- Gallic Acid: This potent antioxidant can scavenge free radicals that create skin damage.
- Anthocyanin: Another potent antioxidant and a type of flavonoid phytopigment, which gives the plums their beautiful deep red colour.
A powerhouse of natural nutrients, it’s clear that Davidson Plum is going to be a significant player in skin care advances in the next two years.
This makes the team at Native Extracts very happy, because we early on recognised the versatility and effectiveness of this native plum.
We were the first manufacturer to harness the full plant profile that this incredible species offers.